An organisation’s performance is affected by, the health and wellbeing of employees.
Organisations have a duty of care under HSE legislation to provide a healthy and safe environment for its employees. Bench Markers such as Investors in People advocate that this duty of care is integrated into the management structures of the organisation. A Health and Wellbeing policy is evidence of this integration. However, the issue of health often emerges with symptoms of ill health such as high sickness absence, poor performance, difficult working relations, low job satisfaction and stress. Review of existing structures is called for and external help may be needed.
Organisations can be significantly affected by sickness absence. It is widely recognised that an organisation’s ability to provide pro-active support to help employees get back to work as quickly as possible represents good practice and a sound investment. Health interventions and counselling can help address some of the main reasons for absence including stress, depression, anxiety and relationship problems.
How healthy is your organisation?
Management and communication systems are ways to assess the health of your organisation and to understand what works well and what needs to be improved. Sometimes, however, these do not uncover or help make sense of problems being experienced at an individual level.
I have background working for organisations in the private and public sector, in both a business and counselling capacity. I am a qualified workplace mediator and a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development with practical experience and understanding of business and organisational culture, which is of particular benefit for counselling in an organisational context. I can provide a counselling service in-house or within my private practice. A simple referral process is available to ensure clients are seen as soon as possible following referral by management or your in-house Occupational Health practitioners.
- Brief Counselling (minimum 6 counselling sessions. The maximum to be set by the referring organisation.
- 6 monthly activity report and service evaluation
- Couple Counselling, as for Individual counselling above
- Skills training including stress and anxiety management, assertiveness, bullying and harassment.
- Conflict resolution for a difficult relationship at work
- Stress Risk Assessments
- Policy writing including Stress Management, Wellbeing, Bullying and Harassment.
- Identifying and working through more complex dynamics within a team that might have evolved from a history of changes, unclear boundaries or roles and responsibilities.
How do you know what you have done has helped?
I offer follow up evaluation for any interventions delivered providing feedback for the organisation to respond to its changing needs.